[OS X TeX] Fine point of mathematical typing?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 13 01:51:41 CEST 2008

Le 12 mai 08 à 23:12, Ross Moore a écrit :

> (The '1' being narrower than other digits makes a tiny difference;
> but hardly noticeable at all.)

In order to alleviate for this, and use the Monospaced "option" of
OpenType fonts, I tried, with Roberto's example, to replace pdfLaTeX
by XeLaTeX and adding in the preamble:

   {<-> "LMRoman12\space Regular:
         Number\space Spacing=Monospaced\space Numbers"}{}

That doesn't seem to make much of a difference, if any. I tried also
to use TeX Gyre Termes instead of LMRoman12 Regular, with no luck.

It may be possible to take advantage of fontspec's much easier syntax,

\setmathrm[Numbers={Monospaced,Lining}]{TeX Gyre Termes}

but I couldn't figure out how to make this work.