[OS X TeX] Keeping MacTeX up to date.

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed May 7 14:44:17 CEST 2008

Am 28.04.2008 um 20:53 schrieb Holger Schulz:

> I've installed MacTeX. AFAIR this uses gwtex as a TeX Distribution.
> Is that correct? How do I keep it up to date? Is there any update
> function or service. How does it work?
>
> Thanks.
>
> hs

This has been discussed on this list quite often. Either you get the
MikTex Package Manager (mpm) and use it to install additional
packages and keep them up to date, or you manage your personal texmf
tree manually by adding and updating packages there.
MacTeX itself will get updated once a year (following the TeXLive
update cycle) and unless you have pressing needs you might just stick
with the original distribution until the new version is released.

A.H.