[OS X TeX] German quotation marks in TeXMaker

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Thu May 1 10:15:31 CEST 2008

> is it possible to define German quotation marks like
>
> "` "'
>
> in TeXMaker so as to input them directly as you can do in Emacs with
> AUCTeX? Cannot find anything in the Preferences window nor in the user
> manual...

All right, so you can define "user tags" at "User|User Tags|Edit User
Tags", but then after every tag a blank is inserted which is not exactly
what you want with TeX *open* quotes:

Here my text starts. Then we have "` user-defined quotes"' -- and on
goes my text.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Jürgen.