[OS X TeX] APA "Figure Captions"

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine hindiogine at gmail.com
Fri May 2 19:10:32 CEST 2008

I am a fairly happy user of LaTeX on OSX 10.4.11, Intel.   I am
writing a term paper due this evening using APA format.

Just about everything works well except for the following:

At the end of the PDF document I have where it should be a page with
"Figure Captions" at the top, but there in nothing else on that page.
The following pages have my 4 figures as it should be.

At the beginning of the paper I have the section "Figure Caption" and
the list of 4 figures as it should be.

Here is my preamble and beginning of the tex file:

%! program = pdflatex

  \caption{The 2-Sigma challenge}

I wonder why the "Figure Captions" page at the end is empty.  Any ideas?

Also, how can I have the dots that connect the text to the page number
in the table of contents as it is in the List of figures?

Thanks in advance,

Enrico Indiogine

Mathematics Education
Texas A&M University