[OS X TeX] Re: List of feature requests on this list

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 01:08:30 CEST 2008

This "wish list" is a compilation of TeXShop features being suggested/
requested on this list.

By the way, suggesting a TeXShop feature on this list is absolutely
not an alternative to making a request at  http://sourceforge.net/
tracker/?group_id=155796&atid=797241 . (This thread started as a way
to gauge the importance accorded to wishes suggested on this list
but, while "voting" didn't seem to generate much interest, "keeping
track" seems to have.)

1) I will be away in May but since gmail keeps my mail, I will not
unsubscribe and will catch up with the wish list in June.
2) The time stamps are to help you wade through archives, yours and/
or online, but may differ from what you the archive have. Also, I
will add the missing time stamps ASAP.

Q1, Q2—Moore

A—Line numbers in the source file window (that the Console refers to)
as an option (to turn it off on simple documents)

		—B: Change font size in the source window (Available: Source > Font
 > Bigger/Smaller)

		—C: Change Command I  from meaning Source > Font > Italic to a
keyboard command for \emph (Available under Leopard: Goedde, March
24, 2008 11:35:58 AM EDT)

		—D: Change Command B from meaning Source > Font > Bold to a
keyboard command for \textbf (Available under Leopard: Goedde, March
24, 2008 2:43:20 PM EDT)

E—A way to collapse one or more sections' text / better yet an
outliner mode

F1—A SECOND Typeset button, one that does NOT save at the same time
F2—A preference option to control whether Typeset saves or not - and
link that to the keyboard typeset command.

		—G: Let the bottom of the source window be standard, with a
horizontal scroll bar (Available: Source > Wrap Lines > None)

H—The ability to split the output window as well as the source window
(if possible with sync)

		—I: A button in the source window to open the output window (To
bypass the menu's File > Open for Preview)( Available: a) Window >
Source<>Preview, b) with a key press: Apple-1)

		—J: Cursor staying put (Available: Pref > Document > Select on

K1—Colored matched brackets.
K2—Indenting of the nested environments (Loukanova March 26, 2008
2:49:30 PM EDT)

L—Emacs <-> TeXShop. (Loukanova, March 24, 2008 5:51:47 PM EDT + 25
Mar 2008 07:47:57 +0100 (CET)

M—An option to color $ ... $ strings a solid color.

N—An option to always open documents (.tex and .pdf) in the same
position where they were last closed. (See Schremmer March 30, 2008
6:50:45 PM EDT)

O—An option that allows the Tags menu drop down to always display at
the same scroll position from which the last tag was selected.

P—Autocompletion based on recently used words . (Rosinski March 26,
2008 8:04:20 AM EDT & 8:44:30 AM EDT)

Q1—Easy access to "Finder Info" for the PDF output. (Moore March 30,
2008 5:39:42 PM EDT)
Q2—Easy access to "PDF Info". (Moore March 30, 2008 5:39:42 PM EDT)