[OS X TeX] LaTeX based journal

jmm jmm at umich.edu
Sun Mar 30 06:06:03 CEST 2008

Two other alternatives to consider:

1) You can drag-and-drop typeset LaTeX from LaTeXit into Journler pages.

2) For a couple of years I've kept notes in a TiddlyWiki (www.tiddlywiki.com
) notebook, with the jsMath plugin (http://bob.mcelrath.org/tiddlyjsmath-2.0.3.html
)  to typeset LaTeX code.  Works quite nicely.  TiddlyWiki is a
lightweight wiki that runs inside your browser: it's written in
Javascript.  Active development / support community.    Completely
configurable and extensible if you're so inclined.

On Mar 29, 2008, at 9:20 PM, Jeremy Conlin wrote:

> Thank you for that suggestion.  That is very much what I am thinking
> about now.  I'll take a closer look.
>
> Jeremy
>
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Michael Giffin
> <mijogiffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you seen the labbook package:
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/labbook/
> you could customize this to your needs easily, i think.
>
> also, this website has some nice info on latex-based lab notebooks:
> http://www.jeremiahfaith.com/open_notebook_science/

---
Jeffrey MacKie Mason
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jmm/
Arthur W. Burks Collegiate Professor of
         Information and Computer Science
Professor or Economics and Public Policy