[OS X TeX] Cancelling columns?

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 21 02:50:59 CET 2008

I apologize for what is probably a simple thing, but it's defeated me
for a while now.

I am writing a small note about calculation of determinants using
minors. I would like to draw explicitly a line through the numbers of
a row (which I think I can do with the ``soul'' package.) But how to
do it with a column? If worse comes to worse, I can use LaTeXiT to
export the matrix to Illustrator, draw the lines in Illustrator, and
then use it as a graphic. But if LaTeX will do the job, I'd prefer that.

Many thanks in advance,

David Derbes
U of Chicago Lab Schools