[OS X TeX] \write18 and MacTeX-2007

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 20 23:54:19 CET 2008

On 20 mrt 2008, at 23:46, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:
> I am guessing that the \write18 feature is turned off by default for
> security reasons. Is there a way to enable this feature?

Yes, add the -shell-escape command line option to the (pdf)latex call.
I would recommend to enable this on an as needed basis, although you
can find  a shell_escape = f line in the texmf.cnf file to control
this behaviour (set it to t to enable \write18{}).

In TeXShop you can add this in the preferences, but since you don't
mention the editor you use, I won't go into details.

Maarten