[OS X TeX] pdfSync with Skim and Aquamacs 1.3a

Johannes Brauer brauer at nordakademie.de
Mon Mar 17 12:14:31 CET 2008

Am 16.03.2008 um 23:26 schrieb Roussanka Loukanova:

> Johannes, perhaps you didn't put the needed code in your ~/.emacs
> file. See the topic Setting up Emacs about the bottom of the page at:
>
> <http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/LaTeX_and_PDFSync>
I put the following in my Preferences.el (the Aquamacs alternative to
~/.emacs)
(require 'tex-site)
(add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook
     (lambda ()
         (add-to-list 'TeX-output-view-style
             '("^pdf$" "."
               "/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/SharedSupport/
displayline %n %o %b")))
)

But addtionally I have to put in:
(setq pdf-previewer-program "open -a Skim")

Without that C-c C-c Ret or C-c C-v open the Preview program.

But as said before: with these settings Skim opens but does not move
to the corresponding line.

> You also need to check
>
> Skim -> Prefrences -> Sync -> Preset [Emacs]
yes, that is set to Aquamacs. The Skim-->Aquamacs direction works fine

Johannes