[OS X TeX] bibunits package and Texshop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 14 19:52:55 CET 2008

On Mar 14, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Sam Cox wrote:

> Texshop applies Latex to the source file.  The first
> \begin{bibunit} ... \end{bibunit} results in the file bu1.aux in the
> same folder as the source.  Successive bibunits in the source file
> provide more aux files bu2.aux, bu3.aux, and so on.  Texshop does
> not apply bibtex to these files.
>
> I use Terminal to command: bibtex bu1.aux and similarly for each aux
> file.  Then apply Texshop Latex once more and the bibunits are
> typeset very nicely.
>
> So this works, but it is awkward.  How can I make Texshop do the
> bibtex-ing?
>
> Sam

Howdy,

If you use the latexmk engines those files should be processed and all
runs of (pdf/xe)latex will be run to resolve references automatically.
You can get the latest version of the latexmk packaging for TeXShop as
Latexmk321jTeXShop.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>.
Installation instructions are included and easy.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)