[OS X TeX] [OT] Embedding fonts in images

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 05:13:27 CET 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 10:38 PM, David Watson wrote:

> The bit about "-Pdownload35"?

I don't actually use simpdftex personally, though I guess I could,
but I still think this will not solve the problem of the
illustrations not having the fonts embedded (this is what Richard
refers to in the last paragraph I think). I'll give it a try though
when I get a moment. For now I found a workaround, essentially
forcing R to not use Times but instead to use the URW equivalent.
That ghostscript could embed just fine. Still no go with Zapf
Dingbats, but I just managed to not use that at all (by using png
instead of pdf).

I suppose the problem might be that in my system ghostscript doesn't
actually know about Helvetica, Times etc, only about their URW
equivalents? So it was not embedding the fonts when encountering
Helvetica or Times.

Then again, this world of fonts is kind of new to me.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College