[OS X TeX] Re: users and groups on Leopard

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Mar 11 02:56:03 CET 2008

I missed the original query from Bruno, but to view all the users on a
unix system, type into a Terminal:

 > cat /etc/passwd

You can use the `cut` command to only see one field from the password
file.

For example, to just see the Unix user names, use the command:

 > cat /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1

To find out more about cut read its man pages.

Cheers
Alan