[OS X TeX] More questions on MacTeX

brian at pongonova.net brian at pongonova.net
Mon Mar 10 00:55:24 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 05:28:25PM -0500, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> >For whatever reason, my local files had to be installed under
> >~/.texmf.  No one has really been able to provide a good explanation
> >as to why, but if things don't work for you under ~/Library/texmf, try
> >~/.texmf.
>
> Did you install TeX Live from the DVD or did you install MacTeX?

Downloaded and installed from the website.

I'm halfway through my disseration, so I'm very hesitant to change
what works at this point :)  After I'm through, I shall reward myself
with a much-deserved replacement for my aging iBook, and will make a
fresh start with the latest/greatest MacTex release.

Now that I'm looking at this again, I suspect that a previous
(non-MacTeX) TeX install may have mucked up the works, despite my best
efforts to eradicate it.  Funny that 'kpsepath fmt' doesn't even
display ~/.texmf (and no, the dot isn't a typo...90% of my time is
spent on the command line).

  --Brian