[OS X TeX] More questions on MacTeX

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 9 23:38:52 CET 2008

On 9 mrt 2008, at 23:28, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2008, at 5:00 PM, brian at pongonova.net wrote:
>
>> For whatever reason, my local files had to be installed under
>> ~/.texmf.  No one has really been able to provide a good explanation
>> as to why, but if things don't work for you under ~/Library/texmf,
>> try
>> ~/.texmf.
>>
>> --Brian
>

> Howdy,
>
> Did you install TeX Live from the DVD or did you install MacTeX?

That was my initial thought as well, but notice that this is the
hidden tree. texlive creates this to store temporary files, like
formats. Must be really awkward to use a hidden directory. Or Brian
made a typo, and the period is a mistake, of course, in that case your
question is completely valid, and would produce the observed behaviour.

In any case the hidden directory would work, but for all the wrong
reasons...

Maarten