[OS X TeX] gtamacfonts & Leopard

Paul Vickers OSXTeX at eattheword.com
Mon Jun 30 23:37:54 CEST 2008

Hi all

I have been away from the list for a while, so I don't know if my
question has been answered during my absence, so apologies if it has
(though I couldn't find a solution to my problem with a search).

I got a new MacBook Pro in April running Leopard (10.5.3). I previously
ran a G4 Powerbook. Leopard was a clean install and I copied my data
across by hand and reinstalled all applications. I didn't copy the LaTeX
  installation from the G4 (GWTex) instead choosing to install from
fresh the latest TexLive 2007 distribution.

I came to need to update my CV which uses the gtamachoefler and
gtamacoptima packages. So, I copied the gtamacfonts folders from their
locations in the texmf.gwtex directory on my old G4 to the corresponding
locations in the usr/local/texlive/texmf-local tree.

I then ran mktexlsr

When I compiled my cv.tex file I got loads of errors about not being
able to render the hoefler and optima fonts, e.g.:

pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file ec-os-hoefler-HoeflerTextBlack): Font
ec-os-hoefler-HoeflerTextBlack at 600 not found

pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file ec-OptimaRegular): Font ec-OptimaRegular
at 1244 not found
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600
ec-OptimaBold
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ec-OptimaBold.

I have checked and both hoefler and optima are installed on the
computer. As you might expect, the resultant output is garbage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

paul