[OS X TeX] Re: Leopard, MacTeX2007 and gv

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Jun 28 12:54:54 CEST 2008

Le 28 juin 08 à 12:43, Eric van der Oord a écrit :

> I get :
>
> 	[sdpp-01:~] ericvand% echo $PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/
> bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current://usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/
> local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

The second bit /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current is
unnecessary and may be harmful (in case you actually have a directory /
usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current).

I wouldn't recommend putting /usr/local/bin first either. Things
placed there would override those already in OS X, yielding
unpredictable behaviour, unless you absolutely know what you're doing.

I've also no idea what the double // may yield.

I'd recommend identifying the configuration files responsible for
putting /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-
current:/ at the start of your PATH, and erasing the corresponding
instructions so as to get back to the OS X/MacTeX default:

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

Then see what happens with Xaw3d and gv.

Bruno Voisin