[OS X TeX] Leopard, MacTeX2007 and gv

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jun 27 13:27:22 CEST 2008

Le 27 juin 08 à 12:46, Eric van der Oord a écrit :

> G. Wierda's instalI  -- I've just tried -- does not seem adapted to
> Leopard.

You're right, i-Installer fails to install gv on Leopard. Status lines
yield:

http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/gv.ii2/gv.l.bz2 download (255
Bytes) has started (255 Bytes)
http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/gv.ii2/gv.l.bz2 download (255
Bytes) has completed (255 Bytes at 2.0 GB per second)
Checking (required) dependency set 0 (all should be available).
Reason: X11R6 + Xaw3d needs to be installed on your system
## Required  file /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib is available. Good.
## Required  file /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw3d.dylib is available. Good.
Dependency requirements fulfilled.
Starting trueinstall tasks
Prepare stage completed
Unarchive stage failed

And corresponding error message is:

/usr/bin/tar: ./usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults: Cannot open: File exists

I've no idea what that means. Not using gv myself, I can't help.
Remember moreover the warning in the i-package Readme:

• NOTE: gv is old and as far as I know not maintained. I had to hack
around in the sources to get it to work and I will not be able to
provide decent support.

And that was even before Gerben announced end of support for i-
Installer.

Bruno Voisin