[OS X TeX] How Long...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 21 21:45:49 CEST 2008

On Jun 21, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Robert Bruner wrote:

> Jason Davies wrote:
>
>> Herbert Schulz wrote on 21/6/08 at 14:28
>>

>>> So, let the discussion begin. How many people, especially at
>>> Universities and other Organizations, which distribute software via
>>> Disk still need Panther versions?
>>
>> I've got one at home and my dept uses a few. But then, they
>> already have things installed and don't especially need updating
>> (if it ain't broke, don't fix..)
>
> This is my attitude exactly.  If people are still running 10.3,
> then they probably aren't installing the latest TeX.  If they do
> want to, the older releases of TeX can still be retrieved, no?
>
> I am one of these people who lags behind the leading edge by a bit,
> and when something like this comes along and forces me to catch up, it
> is not always a bad thing.
>
> Bob Bruner

Howdy,

Just to keep the confusion down I expect that the TeX distribution
itself will be Panther/Tiger/Leopard compatible. It is the extras that
come with the full MacTeX distribution (i.e., the TUG TeX Live 2008
DVD) or MacTeXtras (which is everything except the TeX distribution)
that I am concerned about.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)