[OS X TeX] svnX and Leopard [OT]

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 21 10:39:55 CEST 2008

Alan Munn wrote:
> At 2:38 PM -0700 6/19/08, David Watson wrote:
[]
>> My thoughts are that the ssh credentials aren't being passed from your
>> client to the server.
>> It would be helpful if svnX allowed you to specify ssh to run with the
>> -vvv option, for diagnosis of problems with your connection.
>
> Yes, unfortunately it doesn't.

It does. You can do the following:

Edit ~/.subversion/config (on the client) and, in the section [tunnels],
add a line

myssh = ssh -v

Then use the URL "svn+myssh://<server-IP>" to connect to your repository.

I wouldn't use -vvv, because even -v is likely to give you an output
that is too long for SvnX to display. Hopefully it will still show you
what is going on.

--
Martin