[OS X TeX] svnX and Leopard [OT]

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Fri Jun 20 17:14:32 CEST 2008

At 2:38 PM -0700 6/19/08, David Watson wrote:
>Alan,
>
>Would it be possible for you to try opening a (bash) Terminal and running:
>     eval `ssh-agent -s`
>     open -a svnX
>and then try connecting? This will use the built-in ssh-agent in Mac
>OS X, and possibly it will pass along the proper credentials.

This still brought up the error once svnX tries to access the repository.

>I noticed that SSH Agent weblog hasn't been updated since 2006, if
>that is what you are using.
>Maybe the build in ssh-agent will work better?

I think this is the source of the problem, but as far as I know, I'm
using the built-in ssh-agent. I did try to use SSH Agent once before
I discovered that 10.5 has one built in. I suspect that the problem
might arise from that initial use. Is there some hidden file or
preference that SSH Agent creates that svnX looks for? I checked for
a .MacOS/environment.plist which is sometime implicated in these
sorts of problems, but none exists on this account.

>My thoughts are that the ssh credentials aren't being passed from
>your client to the server.
>It would be helpful if svnX allowed you to specify ssh to run with
>the -vvv option, for diagnosis of problems with your connection.

Yes, unfortunately it doesn't.

Thanks for your help, David.