[OS X TeX] svnX and Leopard [OT]

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jun 17 13:52:12 CEST 2008

On Jun 16, 2008, at 9:14 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Jun 16, 2008, at 10:02 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> True. I was simply pointing out a promising new subversion GUI to
>> all you subversion users out there. :-)
>
> In that case … (But I am writing off list for the obvious reason.)
>
> I think that I am going to need some kind of svn.  Intrigued by your
> post and by the fact that it was also for "totally new to version
> control systems" I just downloaded versions in the hope that I would
> find some kind of documentation from which to learn something but
> there wasn't any. Would you have any suggestion of something for me
> to read keeping in mind that I am totally unfit for the command line.
>
> Hopeful regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

The best book I've encountered is ``Pragmatic Version Control Using
Subversion,'' 2nd Edition, by Mike Mason. It can get you started at
the CLI level (you've got to do that at first if you set up a
repository) and then set up svnX.

You've got to learn some terminology or you can get very confused and
this book has nice descriptions of what you need to know.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)