[OS X TeX] svnX and Leopard [OT]

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Tue Jun 17 02:02:00 CEST 2008

At 3:47 PM -0500 6/16/08, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>On Jun 16, 2008, at 11:36 AM, Alan Munn wrote:
>
>>Hi, I sent the following to the subverion list, but noone replied,
>>probably because it's too Mac specific.  Since I know some of us
>>here use svn, perhaps someone here has encountered this problem and
>>knows how to solve it.
>>
>>I use svnX on Macs to access my repositories using svn+ssh. Now
>>with a new machine running OS 10.5.3 I get the following error:
>>
>>tchs: svnserve: Command not found
>>svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>>
>>I can access the repository from the command line, but not through
>>the client.  I've set up a dsa key specifically for subversion, and
>>added it to the authorized keys on the server machine. This works
>>for two other Macs running 10.4.  (One these machines I use
>>sshagent, but I understand this is not required on OS 10.5.
>>
>>In the authorized keys file on the server side the key for
>>subversion includes the prefix "command=/usr/local/bin/svnserve -t"
>>.
>>
>>Should this command  have a path that is to svnserve on the server
>>side? (The server is running 10.4, so svn is in /usr/local/bin
>>whereas svn is now part of OS 10.5, so on the client machine it's
>>in /usr/bin.  Could this be a source of the problem?
>>
>>Any help much appreciated.
>>
>>Alan
>

>Howdy,
>
>I'm pretty much a svn novice but have been using svnX with some
>success. You might have to install the recommended svn binaries
>obtained from <http://homepage.mac.com/martinott/> but again, note
>my novice standing.

Hi Herb, I also have been using svnX successfully on two other Macs
plus the server running Tiger. With Leopard, svn is already included
in the system so I don't need to install binaries. Also, the problem
doesn't seem to be with the svn binaries themselves, but with svnX
and its svn+ssh tunnelling under Leopard, since I can use svn from
the command line on the new Mac.

Alan