[OS X TeX] svnX and Leopard [OT]

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Mon Jun 16 23:18:56 CEST 2008

On my older computer I had set up svnserve through Fink, and this is
what I had prepended to my authorized key:

command="/sw/bin/svnserve -t --tunnel-user=myusername -r /Volumes/
SVNVolume/SVNRoot",no-port-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,no-X11-
forwarding,no-pty

So it would appear that you do need to point to your svnserve
application on the server machine. I believe the tunneled user has to
have permissions on the repository, and the extra fluff was there to
ensure that the subversion user was sufficiently limited in terms of
shell/X11 capabilities, which you can read all about in the excellent
manual.

I have never used svnX, and indeed everything I have done is from the
CLI. I recall that there were other ways of setting up subversion than
through svn+ssh, and perhaps svnX uses one of those other
authorization methods.

Good luck,
   David