[OS X TeX] Re: Ghostscript/papersize configuration in the MacTeX installer

Joachim Kock jkock at start.no
Sun Jun 15 10:01:35 CEST 2008

The papersize issues with ghostscript reported over the past few days
are gone in the new version, 8.62!

An experimental 8.62 installer is available from
http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch, and 8.62 is intended for MacTeX 2008,
according to the information on Dick's web page.

I am very happy I no longer have to fiddle around with special
options, configurations files, and even environment variables --
it was already above my head!

In 8.62, the papersize problem does not occur, yet none of the proposed
solutions are necessary, so the real problem must have been somewhere
else.  (For example, gs version 8.62 still does not read
/usr/local/share/ghostscript/8.62/lib/gs_init.ps.)

Thanks, Dick, for all your work on this.  I look forward to the
full MacTeX-2008 package.

Cheers,
Joachim.