[OS X TeX] latexit issues

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Sat Jun 14 19:13:19 CEST 2008

> Jan, when you installed mactex, did you install all the bundled
> software
> (texshop?) and all the extra modules (ghostscript and stuff)?

To be honest, I don't remember what I installed how, I think I
installed just the programs on the MacTeX image without anything else,
but I may have updated a few things independently later on (e.g. the
pdftex binaries, and gs). However, I'm pretty sure that Latexit always
worked and that I didn't change any configuration settings and have
everything in the default places.

I don't have fink installed, and I have 'export PATH=/sw/local/
bin....' in the Latexit log anyway, that might be something Latexit
does.

Maybe you could post the whole log file from beginning to end for a
small example, and I can compare it to what I get here.

Sorry - out of ideas otherwise too. Maybe David's idea of looking at
the users / groups / how Latexit is run will turn up something.

Good luck,

Jan