[OS X TeX] latexit issues

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Sat Jun 14 17:50:15 CEST 2008

The permissions are the same as the typical permissions that I get.
However, what is really strange is that your group is staff, when it
would normally be derek.
Sometime in the distant past, around OS X 10.2, users went from being
created with group "staff" to having their own group with the same
username.
If you performed upgrades to get to 10.5.x, instead of fresh installs,
then this could be the reason for your group being "staff".

I don't know offhand if this has anything to do with LaTeXiT's
inability to function in your case.
One possibility is that your group IS set to "derek" and the ACLs on
your latexit temp files down allow group "derek" to read the file?

Good luck,
   David