[OS X TeX] Problem with psnup

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 12 14:42:23 CEST 2008

Am 12.06.2008 um 09:56 schrieb Luis Sequeira:

>> texconfig: updated configuration saved as file `/usr/local/texlive/
>> 2007/texmf-config/dvips/config/config.ps'
>>
>> Is there a way to query the value of the paper-size setting?

For TeX:	grep ^@ /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-config/dvips/config/
config.ps | head -1
For psnup:	grep DocumentMedia <output file>

In case of psnup you can check whether you've installed the psnup or
the psnup-a4 package. The former uses letter as default media size.

>> In any case, it seems this is unrelated since the -pa4 switch
>> has no effect, and I have also noticed that in the ps file
>> produced by psnup there is DocumentPaperSizes: a4 in the
>> preamble.]

This is not inserted by psnup. Psnup can also do such things:

	595.000000 421.271378 translate
	90 rotate
	0.706651 dup scale

>> Any advice is appreciated.  It would also be interesting
>> to hear if anybody else experience this problem.
>>
>> I am ready to provide more details if needed, and to invest
>> some time in debugging, if given proper instructions.
>>

> I got exactly the same result as you did. There does seem to be
> something wrong.

I don't seem to be able to understand what you both encounter! A
picture could tell more than a few eMails. One test I did was to
produce from a LaTeX LOG file (simple text) its PS version with
enscript:

	enscript -E -j -f Courier at 8.75 -F ZapfChancery-MediumItalic at 12.5 -L
72 -M A4 -p <logfile>.ps <file>.log

This draws a frame around each page of text. Then psnup can create a
2-up version, where each original framed page is separated by a line.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Increase the size of your bike by at least *five* inches!