[OS X TeX] advice on converting word w/math symbols to TeX

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 7 18:59:54 CEST 2008

Axel E. Retif wrote:

> ... try with rtf2latex2e, which
> you can install (if you haven't already) with i-Installer (i-package RTF
> 2 LaTeX2e). Convert the Word document to RTF format and run on it
> rtf2latex2e in Terminal.app, and see if something useful comes out.
>

> Best,
>
> Axel

I'm using the MacTeX-2007 packages now, if I installed the i-installer
package, would that muck up the works on my MacTeX setup?

I also found an old droplet I used to use ''Droprtf2latex2e.app'' and
tried it, but it doesn't work for me. Probably because I don't have
something installed that it needs.

I'm also going to try the other suggestions too, I'll let everyone know
what works. In particular, I was reminded by someone else's suggestion
that OpenOffice may also work.

FYI --  I tried importing the document as an rtf into Lyx, but it's
outuput wasn't very useful.

thanks everyone!!

René