[OS X TeX] advice on converting word w/math symbols to TeX

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 6 22:05:03 CEST 2008

Hi everyone:

It's been a while since I have posted, but I've got a problem now that I
can't figure out on my own and thought I'd see if someone here may have
some advice.

We've got a TeX document that we are assembling using TeXShop with the
MacTeX packages.  Unfortunately, one of the larger pieces that we need
to include was written in Word 2004 for Mac.  The document is text with
some numbers and symbols, but what I am mostly concerned about are the
subscripts.  The subscripts are words and greek  symbols (psi, phi, etc.).

Any recommendations for a good way to convert this kind of stuff, please?

thanks in advance!

René