[OS X TeX] Re: OT: OS X 10.5.3

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jun 2 19:59:51 CEST 2008

Am 02.06.2008 um 16:23 schrieb Adam M. Goldstein:

> Moot, at least, for this particular bug. I would like some pdf
> viewer that isn't dependent on Apple's pdf system, and that isn't
> Adobe Reader or acrobat---xpdf seems to be the only thing out there
> for mac that I can find.

Xpdf is the worst. In the thread with PSTricks and landscape format I
used PDFTricks to find the reason for the reported failures or
problems. I was using \psgrid to have some helpful "assistant" at
hand. Xpdf can't display the labels of the grid, it can't show the
file in landscape, it can't ... gv can. It simply uses Ghostscript.
It opens in landscape format. And it does not clip the labels of the
grid as all PDF viewers do – except Adobe Reader.

> Of course, I am a skim user from way back strongly recommend it to
> everyone.

Because every week you can download a new version?

--
Greetings

   Pete

You can learn many things from children.  How much patience you have,
for instance.
				– Franklin P. Jones