texwork (was Re: [OS X TeX] synctex)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jul 15 19:19:32 CEST 2008

Le 15 juil. 08 à 17:53, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Very nice and the Qt framework is more Mac-like than I expected.

Agreed! It feels a bit odd to have New / Open / Save / Undo / Redo /
Cut / Copy / Paste /  Find / Replace icons in the toolbar (very
Windows- and Office-like), but you get used to it after some time. And
I imagine that's the price to pay for cross-platform-"ity".

A couple of remarks:

- The app and document icons bring out a bit of nostalgia (TeX/gX?).

- After unpacking the TeXworks application (even before opening it or
moving it to /Applications), a number of text-only documents on the
disk (such as .cfg files, .tex files, etc.) get suddenly the TeXworks
document icon.

- Selecting the editor font does not seem to work. I changed the font
to Monaco 12, checked that the preference file had been set accordingly:

$ defaults read org.tug.TeXworks font
Monaco,12,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

But when TeXworks is relaunched (even after logging out/in or
restarting), still Lucida Grande 13 is used.

- The editor font may be set in two ways: through the Format menu, or
through Preferences > Editor. Are these two ways fully equivalent?

Bruno Voisin