texwork (was Re: [OS X TeX] synctex)

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Jul 11 17:28:01 CEST 2008

On Jul 10, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> While TeXworks does build and run on the Mac, and clearly borrows
> many ideas from TeXShop, its primary goal is to offer a similar user
> experience to the other platforms where there doesn't seem to be a
> similar environment available.

\begin{historicnitpicking}

To be fair, I think it'd be nice to mention that TeXshop in turn was
inspired by TeXview.app on NeXTstep....

\end{historicnitpicking}

Actually, have you considered just taking TeXshop and making it
compile w/ GNUstep? That'd get one running on Windows and Linux and
Mac OS X would ``just work''.

On Jul 11, 2008, at 12:53 AM, Franck Pastor wrote:

> It seems there is one similar environment at least: Texmaker, which
> is very good in my opinion.http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/index.html

The big difference is no integrated .pdf viewer and that TM has an
interface only a toolbar-button-maniac could love.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer