[OS X TeX] synctex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Jul 10 23:29:54 CEST 2008

On 10 Jul 2008, at 10:01 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Gary,
>
> On Jul 10, 2008, at 1:56 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> That is very cool. Thanks for the pointer.
>>
>> A question for Dick (since he isn't terribly busy right now ;-) )
>> -- does this mean that TeXShop will eventually be replaced by
>> TeXworks?
>
> Jonathan's application is fantastic. I really approve, particularly
> since it runs on all platforms.
>
> This definitely does not mean the end of TeXShop

Indeed -- I hope Dick will continue to maintain and improve TeXShop,
and keep it at the forefront of the Mac TeX world. While TeXworks does
build and run on the Mac, and clearly borrows many ideas from TeXShop,
its primary goal is to offer a similar user experience to the other
platforms where there doesn't seem to be a similar environment
available.

JK