[OS X TeX] iPhone, anyone?

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Thu Jul 10 22:32:20 CEST 2008

Le 10 juil. 08 à 22:05, David Watson a écrit :

> On Jul 10, 2008, at 12:00 PM, Doris Wagner wrote:
>
>> hey gurus,
>>
>> why doesn't somebody write a style-file and create a documentclass
>> {iphone}, for example with option \documentclass[mac]{iphone},
>> when one creates the pdfs on a mac especially for an iphone, or at
>> least documentclass{miniscreen}???
>>
>> I am too stupid to create such a documentclass, but I would use it
>> and love it!!!
>
> Someone should probably try the memoir package with the ebook option:
>
> \documentclass[ebook]{memoir}
>
> The design is for a 6x9 inch document suitable for computer monitors.

the document
http://cas.ensmp.fr/~chaplais/iPhone/arev.pdf
was created with the header

\documentclass[a5paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{arev}
\usepackage[text={12cm,16cm},centering]{geometry}

using LaTeX (pdflatex) format from TeXShop.

memoir is fine, but it has a chapters counter which is a nuisance in
an article. Perhaps there are options to remove this...

The killer feature, I think, is using the arev package with the vera
fonts. It is very readable on a small display.

The memoir gives (visually) similar results, provided you use the
arev package. It will be certainly preferable for people who want to
publish a longer text...

best regards,
	Francois

P.S. it looks like some some usage of \multline lies ahead....but
it's a small price to pay.