[OS X TeX] gmane archives out of date.

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jul 8 08:28:21 CEST 2008

Le 8 juil. 08 à 01:49, Owen Densmore a écrit :

> On Jul 7, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> Please don't hijack existing threads -- see the "List Reminders and
>> Etiquette" link in the footer of this message.
>
> Yikes! Not sure how I hijacked an existing thread.  Is there a "os x
> tex gmane" thread?  Anyway, sorry!

You hijack an existing thread by replying to a message from this
thread to create a new message with different subject.

Symptom: in emailers which support threading (such as Apple's Mail,
Mozilla's Thunderbird), your new message and the various answers it
will get will be classified within the same thread as the original
message you replied to.

Cause: by replying to an existing message, whatever new subject you
enter manually for the reply, this reply will keep in its hidden
headers an In-reply-to header such as (in your case)

Cure: always use Address Book to create a new message, or hover the
pointer onto the headers of an existing message and when either of the
 From or To fields turns into a blue button click on the white
triangle on the right of this button and select "New message" in the
contextual menu that appears.

See <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/>.

Bruno Voisin