[OS X TeX] Re: List of feature requests on this list

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Jul 8 00:41:40 CEST 2008

Hi Jan,

On 08/07/2008, at 8:14 AM, Jan Anderssen wrote:

>> That is, it could be a rectangle neatly encompassing a figure or
>> table,
>> changing to a squat wide rectangle for a referenced equation or
>> citation.
>
> This is also something Skim does, or at least almost.
>
> If you hover over a reference, a floating window pops up that shows
> the anchor point and some context around it, including the page
> number corresponding to the anchor. For the most part, that
> contains all the info you're looking for.

Thanks for the tip.
I just tried this, with a paper that I've been working on.

It worked for the first cross-ref link that I tried,
except that it showed the wrong destination within the document,
showing a portion of page 17 rather than page 23.
Clicking the link went to the right place.
Only after 3 or 4 attempts did it sync to the correct place.

Furthermore, no other cross-reference links would work,
and none of the citation links.

Would you please send me (off-list) a PDF that works properly
for you, as I'd like to explore this feature.

The other thing that I'd like is to have this view
stay up as a moveable floating window.

> In my documents, I found that it works perfectly for references,
> but is a bit limited for tables and figures, presumable since I
> have the caption under the table/figure, and for some reason the
> caption ends up being at the top of the floating window. For
> references to footnotes, it goes somewhat astray. I mostly use the
> first case (references), so I'm very happy.
>
> Jan

Cheers,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                       ross at maths.mq.edu.au