[OS X TeX] Re: List of feature requests on this list

Adam M. Goldstein a.m.goldstein at mac.com
Mon Jul 7 19:49:49 CEST 2008

Skim allows one to take "snapshots" of a PDF and save them in a
sidebar. You can isolate one little part of the document and view only
that part; and the snapshots float on top of the main window.

I wonder if Schremmer means something like: the source window is split
between lines X and Y of input; and the output window is split
similarly into two panes, one containing all the text up to and
including what corresponds to line X and one with all that's after
(and including) Y. The idea being to synchronize the split in the
source and in the output.

I would second this version of the feature request, and also the
simpler form of splitting, that is, just being able to split the
output window at any old place, independently of the source splitting.

-Adam G.

On Jul 7, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 7 juil. 08 à 16:47, Gary L. Gray a écrit :
>
>> I suspect he means split the PDF preview window like you can split
>> the source window. If that is what he means, then I second this
>> request. It would be great to be able to do that.
>
> TeXniscope offers this, thus it must be possible. Hence the way to
> do this must lie somewhere within TeXniscope's sources.
>
> Though, with Dick (Koch) currently quite busy already with getting
> MacTeX-2008 out of the door, I suspect this will have to wait.
>
> Bruno Voisin----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting

=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD MSLIS
Assistant Professor of Philosophy