[OS X TeX] LatexIt 1.15.0 and MacTex errors

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jul 5 00:19:04 CEST 2008

Am 04.07.2008 um 23:34 schrieb Jack Stalnaker:

> Bash completion's definitions get sourced in .bash_profile, which
> is supposed to be read on an interactive login shell according to
> man bash.

Right! So the question is, why LaTeXiT is creating a login or
interactive shell. When you choose "About" LaTeXiT, you'll find
Pierre Chatelier's eMail address.

One option is to make inclusion of bash completion depending from
$TERM. If this variable is not empty and not set to "dumb," then
you're probably in an interactive session. In writing this I imagine
that some users might have set PATH definitions and variable settings
for interactive session. In order to make LaTeXiT work Pierre
Chatelier might have chosen to launch an interactive session to have
these settings.

Actually I, a stubborn tcsh (and GNU Emacs) user, am not seeing this
– on Tiger. On Leopard, I read that Bourne shell like behaviour was
mendeled away from /bin/sh ...

Again, I think a very good check of what is going on is to include
these little echo statements I mentioned earlier. Then you'll
definitely see which bash RC files are sourced in by /bin/sh spawned
by LaTeXiT.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Ce qui été compris n'existe plus.    (Paul Eluard)