[OS X TeX] LatexIt 1.15.0 and MacTex errors

Jack Stalnaker jstalnaker at louisiana.edu
Fri Jul 4 23:34:19 CEST 2008

I can see clearly where it's coming from. Bash completion's
definitions get sourced in .bash_profile, which is supposed to be read
on an interactive login shell according to man bash. Logically, that's
where it should be. Yet when I comment out the bash completion
commands in .bash_profile, LatexIt operates as it should.

On Jul 4, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 04.07.2008 um 21:23 schrieb Jack Stalnaker:
>
>> Any exported function is going to much this up, and any of us who
>> came to Mac OS X from Linux or UNIX are probably going to have
>> functions defined.
>

> Why?
>
> In the LaTeX menu you have an item to see the log, with all
> environment interaction. You could share it with us, you could also
> check yourself which bash RC files are used (insert an 'echo "Hi,
> I'm <whatever file>"') and then modify the used files to not
> introduce errors. For example, functions and aliases have no right
> to exist in a process environment that is intended for non-
> interactive use. And it's all pretty well documented for bash.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete
>
> There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists. If
> it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/

Jack Stalnaker
Assistant Professor, Department of Geology
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
(337) 482-6851
http://geology.louisiana.edu