[OS X TeX] Texmaker

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Jan 27 14:58:15 CET 2008

Am 27.01.2008 um 01:07 schrieb M. Tamer Özsu:

> What I was inquiring was that the log did not show the
> execution of dvips and the generation of .ps file. I may be wrong,
> but I
> thought this would have been recorded in the log.

TeX writes the LOG file. When it has written the DVI file it has
finished its job. After this it does not care what other programmes
do the DVI file. You can invoke dvips in some debug mode, then it
explains a bit what it is doing.

>> Why can't you use pdflatex to directly produce PDF output?
>>

> I certainly can for some of my workflow, but it is still a mystery
> as to why
> this thing does not work as it should. It is a mystery that I would
> love to
> solve.

This is as mysterious as your writing ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
				- Groucho Marx