[OS X TeX] Strange error fflush()

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jan 23 15:32:19 CET 2008

Am 23.01.2008 um 14:21 schrieb Alain Matthes:

> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/
> fonts/map/pdfte
> x/updmap/pdftex.map): fflush() failed
>
> I have some difficulties to understand that :
> Perhaps some different options when I use TexShop ?

No, it's definitely an error from pdflatex.

This error should not happen, because fflush() commonly flushes an
output stream of data to a file in a file system, either to write or
to update it. Since /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/
pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map is a read-only file (commonly a symbolic or
sym-link) for pdflatex, pdflatex has nothing to flush to this file.

It's bad that no status or error value was reported. Or can you see a
bit more in the LOG file?

Can you make it happen again? Can you list in Terminal with ls the
file /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/
pdftex.map as in:

	ls -l /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex*

and also

	file /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex*

--
Greetings

   Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found
ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
				– Blaise Pascal