[OS X TeX] latex-suite

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 21 21:34:12 CET 2008

On Jan 21, 2008, at 2:21 PM, Doris Wagner wrote:

>> The .vimrc file will reside in your home directory but it invisible
>> under normal circumstances since its name starts with a period. You
>> can ``see'' it easily, if it exists, by opening Terminal and
>> executing
>>
>> ls -a
>
> I did this already, but there is no such file as .vimrc

Howdy,

The README that came with Vim said:

      Installation should be easy:  just drag Vim.app to where you
want to keep
it.  I put it in /Applications/ .
Unless you want a maximally vi-compatible version of vim, it is
recommended
that you copy the standard startup files to your home directory, and
name them
.vimrc and .gvimrc .  From a shell,

	$ cd Vim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime
	$ cp vimrc_example.vim ~/.vimrc
	$ cp gvimrc_example.vim ~/.gvimrc

You can do the same with Finder if you prefer (with "Show Package
Contents"),
but it may not let you use .vimrc and .gvimrc; you can use _vimrc and
_gvimrc
instead.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)