[OS X TeX] wyswyg-TeX for Linux?

brian at pongonova.net brian at pongonova.net
Sat Jan 19 01:59:28 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 05:09:41PM -0600, DAVID FILE wrote:
> My professor asked me what was the best interactive latex for Linux...he uses
> a Mac but would like to pass on to his students.

LyX is quite useful, although a bit constrained for some uses (which
is the reason I swtiched from LyX to vim/LaTeX-Suite, which doesn't
fit your bill since it's not WYSIWYG).  By "constrained," I mean it's
sometimes difficult to convince LyX to do something for you without
having to modify the source LaTeX document. For simple documents, it's
very nice.

http://www.lyx.org

  --Brian