[OS X TeX] Math mode in TikZ question

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Jan 18 23:28:49 CET 2008

On  18 Jan, 2008, at 15:03, Dietrich, Daniel L wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a small problem that perplexes me.  I have a document with a
> number of tables that contain math in them (e.g. $\pm 13\: VDC$).
> All works and compiles fine.  I went to add some simple figures
> using TikZ (\usepackage{tikz}) and when I did, I now get an error
> on any table element using '\:' to create a space in math mode
> ('\,' and '\;' work fine).  I can work around it using the other
> two, but I don't know why '\:' gives an error.  I'm not that
> proficient in LaTeX and tikz, so I'm probably missing something
> simple.

I just tried with the (almost) newest version from CVS

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=142562

and I don't get any error.

If you want to fetch the CVS version, in ``modulename'' you have to
put ``pgf'', as there is another module.

Prof. Tantau is updating the CVS version (well, he's constantly
updating it) as there are some problems with some libraries, so I
think it would be better to wait till tomorrow if you want the latest
version.

There is a very active pgf mailing list: