[OS X TeX] highlight in yellow

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:47:22 CET 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 3:08 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Am 15.01.2008 um 21:13 schrieb Peter Dyballa:
>

>> Am 14.01.2008 um 10:27 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
>>
>>> Is there a (hidden default?) value that can be changed in order
>>> to change this color?
>>

>> Have you checked System Preferences? Erscheinungsbild or
>> Appearance offers to set the highlight colour – does a change here
>> correct the problem over there in TeXShop?
>

> These affect only the *selected* text ... not the *found* text ;o(

Warning: I haven't followed this in detail, but ...

I think this is a (mis)feature of Cocoa. The found text is in fact
highlighted with the proper highlight color, but the source window is
not the active window, the find window is. Thus, once you've found
the text, if you click on the titlebar of the source window, you'll
see that the found text is highlighted with appropriate color. It's
grey originally because that's what Cocoa apps do with selected text
in non-active windows. I don't know anyway to modify this behavior.

You'll see the same thing in Mail if you highlight some text in this
message and then click on the desktop to make the Finder the active app.

Chris