[OS X TeX] How to enable emerald fonts?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 14 00:23:34 CET 2008

On Jan 13, 2008, at 4:58 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Morning.
>
> I've downloaded and installed the emerald fonts package from CTAN.
> But I can not use it. The log file says it could not load Metric TFM
> file.
>
> What's wrong?
>
> TIA and kind regards, Friedrich

Howdy,

Where did you place all the parts of the package? Font installation
requires files to be placed in multiple locations (pfb, enc, tfm, map,
etc.) and then some commands to 1)let TeX know they exist (if placed
in a branch other than your personal branch) and 2)let LaTeX know how
to use the fonts.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)