[OS X TeX] Re: BBedit and LaTeX integration under Leopard

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 14 00:22:01 CET 2008

On 13 jan 2008, at 22:17, David Airey wrote:

> So, you think my Tex installation is not correct, but I've not done
> anything more than install via Mac TeX 2007, assuming their default
> set up was reasonable.
>
> Aside from noisy complaints, your scripts work! Should I worry about
> my installation? Should users of Mac Tex 2007 worry?

The commands you executed tell me that tex was not added to the
environment. Which system version do you use (10.4, 10.5)? On which
system did you install (same as current, or had it already installed
when upgrading from 10.4 to 10.5)?

The MacTeX installer should alter your environment in a clean way, but
certain changes may have altered this behavior on Leopard (10.5). If
that is indeed the case, the easiest method of getting tex in your
terminal is by using an Apple-private kludge (as Martin Costabel
described it on jan 2nd).

Execute the following if you are indeed on 10.5 and all should be fine:

sudo echo '/usr/texbin' > /etc/paths.d/tex

Unfortunately this kludge has not been implemented in X11, or we would
have had a nice way of adding tex to X11. Kludge indeed.

Maarten