[OS X TeX] BBedit and LaTeX integration under Leopard

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 12 22:27:40 CET 2008

On 12 jan 2008, at 22:21, David Airey wrote:

> Dear Maarten (and others),
>
> Thank you. I tried your solution from your site, but I get the
> following from my terminal:
>
> AireyDC:~ dairey$ /Users/dairey/Library/ShellScripts/CompileTeX-
> engine -pdflatex '/Users/dairey/Documents/Jobs/jobs_2008/
> U_Chicago_2008/letter.tex'
> ~/Documents/Jobs/jobs_2008/U_Chicago_2008 ~
>
> /Users/dairey/Library/ShellScripts/CompileTeX-engine: line 477:
> pdflatex: command not found
>
> My Mac Tex 2007 is otherwise correctly installed, I'm guessing,
> because TexShop compiles readily.

No, it isn't: pdflatex is not in your path, or it seems that way.

Can you post the result of the commands when executed in the terminal:

echo $PATH | tr ':' '\n'
which tex
env | grep 'TEX[^T]'

Since TeXShop uses the full paths from its own preferences, it works
even when the terminal doesn't.

Best,

Maarten