[OS X TeX] "times" package on Basictex?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 10 21:45:41 CET 2008

On 10 jan 2008, at 21:09, Travis wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the Basictex package.  I'd like to keep
> my installation small and doubt I have need for many of of the other
> features of the larger packages.  On missing thing is the Times
> font.  Is this included in the larger packages?  What is the easiest
> why to add the times package to Basictex?  I would like:
>
> \usepackage{times}
>
> to work, as some of my colleagues use this font.

I don't know if times is included in Basictex. According to l2tabuen
the \usepackage{times} statement should no longer be used. Replace it
by \usepackage{mathptmx}\usepackage[scaled=.90]{helvet}
\usepackage{courier}

If that does not work, please report back with the error message, as
we can then tell you which part is missing. Font installation is no
fun though, and the easiest and fastest solution is to install Mactex.

Maarten