[OS X TeX] Imposing Latex on authors of articles

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 27 03:10:20 CET 2008

Le 27 févr. 08 à 01:57, Anthony Morton a écrit :

> Certainly the text medium takes some getting used to, but that's
> usually just a passing phase.  After a while you find that not only
> is it quicker to compose an equation in LaTeX, it's also a lot
> easier to rearrange later on.  Suppose you've got a formula
> involving a fraction A/B of two complicated expressions, and you
> then find what you really want is 1/B out the front of the equation
> and just A in the middle - this requires much care and effort in
> most equation editors but is a relatively simple edit in LaTeX.
>
> As often as not, any half-complicated edit in Microsoft Equation
> Editor will leave me with a confusing mess of not-quite-deleted
> characters on the screen.

Office 2007 for Windows includes a TeX-like way to input equations, if
I'm not mistaken <http://www.unicode.org/notes/tn28/>. A blog post
provides further detail <http://blogs.msdn.com/murrays/archive/2006/09/13/752206.aspx
 >.

Apparently, this welcome novelty hasn't made its way to Office 2008
for the Mac, for which Equation Editor remains the only way.

Bruno Voisin